By Amanda Gegg
If you’re looking for a Christmas that you and your family will never forget, you needn’t look any further than London. Not only do we have Christmas fairs aplenty – that would give any European market a run for its money – but we also have a vast array of innovative activities and light installations that will leave you with enough joyous memories to last a lifetime. I mean, where else in the world will you find the real life Hogwarts adorned in a stunning layer of snow? A family Christmas in London really is the best and here are 5 reasons why:
1. ‘Hogwarts in the Snow’(Warner Bros Studio Tour London) Any Harry Potter fan worth their salt will have dreamed of stepping in to the magical world of Hogwarts at Christmas time. Therefore, if you want to be considered the best parent in the entire world there is no better treat for your family than attending the festively-bedecked Harry Potter studios in Leavesden.
2. Christmas at Kew (Kew Gardens, Chiswick)
The wonderous lightshow at Kew never fails to put a stunned smile on its visitors’ faces. This magnificent trail through the beautiful gardens will lead you past singing Christmas trees, fairy-lit tunnels and, of course, the grand finale in front of the stunning Palm House.
3. The Enchanted Woodland (Syon Park)
Your children won’t know how to thank you for the unforgettable adventure they’ll have at Syon Park’s ‘Enchanted Woodland’. Your entire family will enjoy this captivating journey through the backlit grounds of this gorgeous estate, where you’ll find extraordinary sights waiting around every corner.
4. Winter Wonderland (Hyde Park)
Pretty much London’s answer to any of the leading Christmas markets in Europe, Winter Wonderland is the place to visit if you and your family want to be wowed. Boasting an enchanted forest of its own, along with market stalls, gigantic rides and now an even bigger ice rink, this year’s focus really is about making Christmas 2018 one to remember.
5. The Natural History Museum Ice Rink (South Kensington)
New York might have the Rockerfeller Center ice rink at Christmas time but London gives it a very good run for its money at the iconic Natural History Museum. Their magical ice rink runs from 25 October 2018 – 6 January 2019 and I defy anyone not to marvel at such a delightfully festive sight.